Skip to main content

Why do we love and lust after boobs?

 The Good News

My friend had her lumpectomy procedure last week. So far, she reports everything is okay. The surgery seems to have left things in good shape. (Tongue in cheek required)

Before we further discuss the subject of male and female breasts, let us look at my latest sketches.

Chilling Out
Gouache 9 x 12

Sitting On Top of the World
Gouache 9 x 12


There is a truth that most of us don't discuss breasts in polite company.
I believe that if we look at the lithe figure of a runway model or the earth mother with ten to fifteen extra pounds buttered generously over her body, there is a man lusting after that woman. The diversity of women that creates interest in men is a comprehensive and varied collection of types.
One feature that quickens men's attention to women is their breasts. The common impression is that the bigger, the better, but I caution you not to accept that myth. Before we engage in that battle, let's ask the bigger question. Why the fascination exists at all?
I have nothing intellectual to lend to this argument except my experience and numerous jocular conversation with men and a few women. 
There's the inclination to think that, as babies, we naturally become attracted to what nourishes us. But, unfortunately, that doesn't explain why most females don't retain a lustful attraction to other women's breasts. Envy, yes, but hardly lust.
There is an opinion that because there is mutual pleasure when attention is paid to female breasts during foreplay, it is natural for men to think of that experience when visualizing the possibility. The problem with this theory is that young boys, long before they learn the practice of seduction and satisfaction, are ogling women's boobs.
The thing that resonates with me is the "you always want what you can't have" theory. The vast majority of us live where it is a social norm for women to cover their breasts. That might explain why men go to strip clubs to experience the unfettered delight of topless women. I'm not sure how a society that doesn't require women to cover their breasts works, but until we subjected them to modern world practices, their societies functioned quite well without the pushup bra.

While we are n the subject of boobs.
Why is someone who is classically stupid called a boob? I think it references men's boobs since they apparently serve no purpose. 
So let's consider the re-election of Ron Johnson. Johnson's deep dive into everything, including unproven election fraud resulting in Joe Biden's election. Johnson has dabbled in misogyny, homophobia, and Q anon theories. The question is, who is the boob Johnson or is it the people who vote for him?
 
I found this photo of Keith Richards thought-provoking. There's an oft-heard joke about Richards. It said he is dead, and he isn't aware of it.
This morning, I looked at my face while shaving and decided that the joke about Richards isn't funny.


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diversity

As we look forward to celebrating the Pride we have in our Gay population, (Yeah, I couldn't resist the pun.) I'm pleased to report that diversity in the mix of our residents here in the Fox River Valley continues to surprise me. Example: As my wife and I waited for friends, in the lobby of the Marcus Hollywood Theater on the west side of Appleton, I witnessed three AfricanAmericann ladies buying snacks. Behind them was a Latino couple. At the end of the line, behind was an Asian fellow with three kids. We represented the WASP's. This is in a community that when I first visited in the nineteen sixties, if a black man walked down the street, he more than likely played football for Green Bay. After that, there was a rather pronounced immigration of Hmong and quieter arrival of Latino's. For a while, the worst keep secret was that the new Italian restaurant was actually owned by Mexican's. Since returning to the Valley, I've grown use...

A rustle in the hustings

I am trying to stay away from politics on my blog. I know that some of my intended readers do not share my feelings. As well, I don't entice dialogue. Occasionally my readers will address something I've written about. For the most part, they are merely saying something like, "Oh yeah, I felt that way too," regarding some experience, that I related. However, I have to share these particular feelings about the new Ryan Healthcare proposal that is sailing through the House of Representatives. Market-driven healthcare provision: This concept proposes that if put on the free market health care insurance will become more affordable. The theory is there will be competition among insurers to gain market share and lowering the prices will be a possible outcome. None of the insurers want customers who are old people or people with a pre-existing health problem ( heart disease, cancer, etc...) Older people, who are not on medicare, have more health care ne...

Ring The Bell

 It appears there is a tradition in the radiology department at Ascension Hospital that patients, upon completing their course of treatment, ring a bell. ( We know not for whom this bell tolls.) Ring the Bell with My Sweetheart Jeanne. Jeanne drove me to all but two of the appointments. Pam Frautchi took me to the other two. Today, after being zapped thirty-two times, I rang the bell. This begins a roughly one-month recovery period where the effects of the radiation abate and, I'm assured, a return to normalcy occurs. In my case, I anticipate more energy and greater awareness. Books, Books, & More Books I am simultaneously celebrating the end of the third year of volunteering for the All Saints Hunger Book Sale. Next week, we will wrap up the preparation for the sale and open our doors on August 3 for the public. I ran into this humourous but quite accurate cartoon on a T-Shirt that shows most of the volunteer's sentiments at this point. If you think the printed and bound p...